Sunday, August 29, 2010

MOROCCAN SOUP BAR

183 St Georges Rd,
North Fitzroy VIC 3068

If you have not yet eaten at the Moroccan Soup Bar do so immediately otherwise you may not call yourself a Melbournian! Places like this are one of the reasons I heart Melbourne so much. A vegetarian restaurant that doesn’t serve alcohol (or do BYO for that matter) is constantly packed out! Because the food is awesome, and cheap! The first time I ate the food was when a bunch of peeps got takeaway, and it came to something ridiculous like $5 each. These guys were also on the sustainability bandwagon long before everyone else, getting you to bring your own containers which they fill up with delicious food.


Oh yeah, the food – I’d better talk about that. Well I’ve never ordered anything other than the banquet, but why would you, it’s amazing, fills you up and is always super delicious! Dips, bread, salads, lentils, and that yogurt thing with the crunchy bits of pita bread in it! I love that, and always try to eat as much as I can without my friends seeing I’m secretly eating all of the best dish...I just can’t help myself!! I need to go back again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment